Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Big THANKS!

 

July is here and we have a new sketch challenge in the Artful Angel Takes Flight FB group! Kim is running this month's sketch challenge and has the cutest card up on the blog on the July 1st post. Give the template a go for inspiration, mine started looking like the sketch, and then it took a mind of it's own.  You can see the rectangle pattern paper, the main image (but mine is a circle) and my tie is the handmade tassel. For my card, I used the  Artful Angel's Big Thanks set. This week, I will be give you some ideas on how to use this fantastic set.  I love this set, I think it's "sassy" and the sub-sentiments are the best thing ever! (Check out my second card on this post.)

A little close-up of the medallion I created. Super simple, I die-cut a scalloped circle and then wrapped a crochet string around it from behind.  I wanted to ensure it was not in a specific order but more random. Stamped the BIG THANK YOU, cut it out with my SNC, and added some dimension to the sentiment. I wanted to add something black to tie in the string and the black, so I doodled a frame around the pattern paper. 


Here is my second card for the day using the Artful Angel's Big Thanks set. This time I used the same sentiment, but it has a completely different look by heat embossing it in gold. Instead of flags, I used some circle embellishments. Remember to make the sketch work for you! Below, a little close-up of the embossed background were I added the BIG thanks sentiment.


I hope you give this month's sketch a try, check it out on the Artful Angel Takes Flight Facebook Group!  Share your creation using the sketch to the July Sketch Challenge Album and you will be entered to win $10 in store credit to the Artful Angel shop, a badge for your blog, and bragging rights!  

** DISCLAIMER: Some products were provided to me for free to create & share inspiration. Everything else I purchased. All designs and opinions are my own and in no way influenced by the provider of the products.


No comments:

Post a Comment