Sunday, April 17, 2022

Have you joined the April Sketch Challenge yet? Stamping not required!

 Hey friends!  DT Kim here.  Can you believe that we are halfway through the month already?   This is your friendly reminder to get your cards in for our new Monthly Sketch Challenge.  

What's this, you ask?  Let me tell you!  The Design Team is bringing you a monthly sketch challenge over in the Artful Angel Takes Flight Facebook Group

The April Sketch was taken from Mojo Monday by Julee Tilman.  It is designed to give you a starting point and get those creative juices flowing! 

I decided that because I had so much fun creating with this sketch, I would make another card, this time with no stamping!  
This card was so quick and easy to put together.  I used the Echo Park Let's Lumberjack 6 x 6 Paper Pad.  Once I determined which pieces I wanted to use, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the papers with an ink-blending tool.  I also lightly ink blended over the kraft card stock to add some interest.  The sentiment is actually just a small piece from one of the paper pad pages, which I popped up on foam squares.  I finished off the card by adding a bow made from black and white baker's twine.  Seriously, the hardest part of creating this card was trimming down the pieces of paper.  Did you know that you could create such a cute card with no stamping? 
Now, back to the challenge!   The last day to enter is April 30th.  There are no product requirements to participate.  Oh, did I mention the prizes? For the rest of the details, make sure to pop on over and check out the pinned post in the Facebook group
Here is some additional DT inspiration: 
Dalis
Kim
We sure hope that you will join us over in the Facebook group for this month's challenge and more inspiration! 
Xoxo, Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment