Thursday, January 9, 2020

Krafin' Kimmie January Release Day 1-Love Bugs

Hello and welcome to all our Krafty Friends!
We are ready to kick off a brand new year with our January Release at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
The brand new products for January are all about LOVE! So let's get started because we're so excited to share everything with you!

We are starting things off today with a super sweet new stamp set from artist, SABRINA VAN VLOTEN!!

It's called....LOVE BUGS!

Check out this sweet set of little bugs and friends! It's a 4x6 stamp set with lots of little characters, flowers in several sizes for creating scenes and of course, some perfect sentiments! How cute!
As you hop around the Krafty Team's blogs today you will see the LOVE BUGS stamp set in action in combination with our all of our other awesome new January Kraftin' Kimmie products!
You will spot our newest addition to the Krafty Kolours Hybrid Ink line! It's a gorgeous new rich red named CRISP CRIMSON! As always it will be available in full sized ink pads, mini cubes and ink refills!
We've got TWO brand new Krafty Stencils for this month's release to help accessorize your creations!
They are called PETITE POSIES and TRIPPY TRIANGLES!
And of course, we are adding the perfect new coordinating Krafty Dots for this release! This is an exclusive set and will not be available once sold out so be sure to grab some!
These dots are called HEARTS DOTS!
You'll get to see all of our brand new goodies in action over the next few days of January Krafty Peeks and everything will be released at our LIVE Online Release Party in the Krafty Friends Facebook group on Saturday, January 11th at 2pm EST!
For now, hop around and check out some incredible designs from our Krafty Team!! Be sure to leave some love on EACH stop on the hop because I'm going to be giving away some krafty $$ to the shop!! PLUS our designers are AMAZING and you should tell them so!
Come on back tomorrow for more LOVE-ly goodness!
See you then!

~~~~~~~
I used the lady bug couple & the biggest sunflower from Love Bugs (the set will be in the Artful Angel shop on Saturday) for this sweet little 4x4 note card. I used my Stamping Platform from Tim Holtz to position the lady bugs were I wanted them. I stamped them with KKS Krafty Kolours Wicked Black onto a 4.25x5.5 piece of Sweet Sentiment cardstock (more about this fun cardstock a little later in the post). After stamping the lady bugs, I made a mask by stamping the lady bugs onto a post-it note as much on the sticky part as possible. I cut out the ladybugs on the stamped line. I positioned them directly on top of the stamped image. Once the mask was positioned properly, I used my Stamping Platform with Wicked Black ink to stamp the large sunflower.

After stamping both images to make one complete image, I colored both images (colors listed below). After completing my coloring, I made a mask for the large sunflower, also. I reapplied both masks & used my stencil Radiating Rays by My Favorite Things to create the rays. For the ink, I used KKS Kafty Kolours Crisp Crimson & Pumpkin Patch to create the rays. When all the rays were as I wanted, I removed the stencil & the masks. I trimmed it down to 3.75x3.75 and accented it with a red Heart Dot. I used the tone-on-tone heart paper from the new Love Notes 6x6 pad from Doodlebug as my background. I cut that square to 4x4. To finish off the card, I glued my freshly made card front to the front of a 4x4 card made from some old Bazzill red orange peel texture card stock.



Copic Colors:
Flower-Y17, YR31, YR000, E79, E77, E47, YG17, YG03, YG23, Colorless
Ladybugs-R27, R35, RV14, 110, N7, N5


The Sweet Sentiment cardstock that I used for stamping my image is different than anything on the market. It is high-quality stamping cardstock. It works wonderfully with Copics. The thing that makes this cardstock unique from others on the market is that it contains a sparkle that is imbedded into the cardstock to make stamped images sparkle! In the photo above, you can see the sparkles even after the image has been colored!


For the inside, I used the sweet phrase "sending sunny wishes" & the two heart grouping stamps & my Stamping Platform on orange cardstock.

I hope you have enjoyed this adorable 4x4 card!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the radiating rays background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how their love is radiating from them. So sweet. Love the ladybugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the RAYS radiating from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your background! Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is beautiful! the sunshine rays are wonderfully done and it nicely pulls the focus to the lovey (and in love) lady bugs. Nicely done I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is truly amazing...love the rays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I love how you created your own background and the ladybugs look awesome!

    ReplyDelete