Friday, January 10, 2020

Krafin' Kimmie January Release Day 2-Your're Gnaw-some

Did you enjoy yesterday's previews??
Did you SEE all the new goodies??
Are ya ready for MORE?
Well, that's good because we're back with more inky goodness for our JANUARY 2020 release for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!
Today we have a sweet new valentine set by our amazing artist Neda Sadreddin!
It's called....YOU'RE GNAW-SOME!
What a fun set of sweet little beavers! There are several main images and accessory stamps plus some super coordinating sentiments! These little sweethearts make my heart happy!
Check out YOU'RE GNAW-SOME in action as you hop around the Krafty Team's blogs today! You'll also see new stencils, new ink and new dots!! Be sure to leave some love at each stop because I'm going to give away some krafty $$ to a lucky commenter!
You'll see MORE of our brand new goodies over the next couple of days of Krafty Peeks and everything will be released at our LIVE Online Release Party in the Krafty Friends facebook group on Saturday, January 11th at 2pm EST!
For now, hop around and check out some incredible designs from our Krafty Team!!
~~~~~~
I've got some Valentine-y fun for you today with this "gnaw-some" little set called You're Gnaw-some (which will be in the Artful Angel shop on Saturday)! I went a little outside of my box on this one! I've not done a shaker card before and I've had this segmented frame die by My Favorite Things for some time. I thought this card was perfect for giving that a shot! I think it turned out great!

I started by coloring the sweet little beavers and fussy cutting them out. I die cut the frame out of a cute small heart pattern from Doodlebugs Love Notes 6x6 pad. I took a 4.25x5.5 piece of Sweet Sentiment cardstock, lightly traced the outline of the frame on it, and stamped the phrase, "I think you're gnaw-some" in the center top square. Then, I stamped the envelope, flower, and heart accent stamps randomly over the rest of the card using Crisp Crimson. I stamped twice to have varying colors. For the envelope, I stamped the beaver with the balloon in the lower left corner. I only used single colors for the balloon & beaver because the paper is thin & wouldn't stand up to layering. After masking off the beaver and balloon, I used Trippy Triangles with Crisp Crimson ink to add a fun touch to the front of the envelope.


Beavers-E39, E37, E35, E79, E77, E74, R11, 110, N1
Balloons & Flower-RV19, RV17, RV14


For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of pink cardstock to 4x5.25. I positioned the piece on my Tim Holtz stamping platform and placed the stamps where I wanted them. For the phrase, after I got it on the platform, I curved it to give it a different spin. Stamped both the phrase and the image with Crisp Crimson and used Trippy Triangles with Crisp Crimson to accent the corners.


After cutting the frame, I trimmed a piece of acetate to fit inside the frame. I glued the acetate to the back of the frame. I used 3D tape cut into strips and adhered those to the back of the frame. I used Pink & White Angel Dust to fill the pockets of the frame by positioning a small pile of sequins in the center of each pocket. I then removed the paper from the 3D tape & laid the frame down into place. After assembling the shaker portion, I added it to the card front to complete the card.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

15 comments: