Monday, February 22, 2021

Make It Monday - Birthday Bear


Good Monday morning!! As many of you know, Texas got hit by a NASTY winter storm last week. While we were expecting the storm & the sub zero temps, we weren't expecting that our energy company would completely fail us (and by "us" I mean the entire state of Texas!). 😞 Over a period of over 48 hours we only had power at our house for about 5% of that time! We were supposed to be under rolling blackouts. Not so much.

While some neighborhoods never experienced an energy interruption, other neighborhoods had rolling blackouts as expected. Then, there was our neighborhood & other neighborhoods throughout the DFW metro area & the state that lost electricity completely. I can't say "completely" we would get power for about 1.5 to 2 hours about every 15 hours or so. Thankfully, we have a fireplace & I have a hubby who did a great job blocking every drafty spot we could find. We were blessed to not experience any broken pipes. Many of our friends were not so lucky.

Due the lack of power, I didn't get much done last week. Obviously... But, the power is back on, the internet is mostly stable, & I am ready to hit the week head-on!!

For this week's card, I pulled out Birthday Bear from Gerda Steiner. This is such a fun, fun set! You can do so much scene building with this set. Or, you can use any of the adorable party animals all on there own. I chose to use the bear for this card. He's so stinkin' cute all wrapped up in the party banner! I also stamped on the inside but didn't color. I used the bear arm holding the balloon & the little stack of presents. I thought they just added a fun little touch to the card. For my card base, I used a simple A2 card base from PhotoPlay. The patterned paper from Carta Bella's Let's Celebrate was the perfect accent to make this card pop! With it's simple colors, I was able to easily match the Copic colors I used to accent the card!

Copics Used:
N2, 1, Colorless Blender
BG18, 15, 13
Y19, 15, 13
B97, 95, 93
E19, 15, 13, 11, 21
R21

Let your creativity take flight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment